Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2014

Christmas Decor Ideas For Small Spaces

Christmas has already begun! Hooray for my favorite time of the year!! :)

I really wanted to get a Christmas tree this year. Nothing says "Christmas" than a Christmas tree! But living in a condo with a wandering one year old could be one of the reasons why we postponed having one for the meantime.  Apart from the lack of a good spot for the tree, I am 100% sure that it will be a very enticing piece to destroy for my son. Toddlers.

I wasn't really sure how I wanted to decorate our space for Christmas.  Should I go and buy pieces in red and green? Should I buy Christmas-y throw pillow covers? There was just SO MANY OPTIONS.

After a long trip to the mall, I decided to just stick with a particular color palette. There's really something about the combination of gold, orange, white and green that appealed to me.  I knew that would be our home's theme for Christmas this year. :)

Here are some Christmas decor ideas you can also do at home (most especially if you have a small space and a TODDLER :p).
If you have mirrors or big frames at home you can just add accent pieces on top- ribbons, balls, flowers, etc. Be creative!





Use existing vases and decor to hold Christmas ornaments.  For example, the lantern used to be empty, but you can put stuff in there from candles to anything Christmas related.  The flowers by the way are fake.  Of course nothing beats fresh flowers, but I love how fake ones never wilt. As in like never. :p  That way I won't need to change them that often.


Another decor idea- accessorize your clocks! You can also do this around mirrors or frames.

This was last year's wreath.  Instead of buying a dolled-up, spruced-up wreath, I bought a bare one so I can change its look every year. :)

I guess the key to getting small spaces ready for Christmas is to simply look at your home with a different perspective.  Use existing items, be creative!

Got some Christmas decor ideas to share? Leave a comment below!  I would love to hear from you!


Until the next DIY adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews