Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Motherhood S01E08

Finally the baby's sleeping.

Now, if only I can manage to keep up with this "silent typing"  then I can keep him asleep for a few more hours (or minutes) so I can FINALLY get this blog started.

Where do I begin? Hmm.

I'm now a mom to an awesome boy named Alonzo. I'm relatively new in this whole parenting thing so I am still learning the ropes on most days. I've only been a mother for 8 months, but I can truly say that it is the most most most mostEST beautiful thing in this world!  I absolutely love being a mom!  

Since I gave birth, my husband Jerome and I decided that I should give the corporate jungle a rest for a bit. Not because it was too stressful, but we both felt that God was leading us to a totally different season. We both took the plunge, and we haven't regretted it.  Seeing Alonzo grow everyday is incomparable.   

So now,  if I don't have my hands full with mommy duties, I find myself googling for stuff to do at home.  I've been keeping myself busy with DIY stuff, which on most days annoys my husband. HA, the JOYS of family life. I really wanted to keep myself busy so I won't be bored (and annoyed) with the routines of being a stay at home mom.  

And then it hit me. Why not make a blog out of it?  I was not too sure at first because I might not be able to update it regularly because I have to keep an eye on the little one.  And yes also, I might be too LAZY.  But nah. I must always fight the urge to just sit on the couch, sleep when the baby's asleep, eat, and eat some more.  Believe me, these things are not so easy to avoid when you're just at home.

I created this blog not to brag about stuff that I've come up with. Really no.  I'm using precious cyberspace to inspire other SAHMs (Stay At Home Moms) out there that THERE IS LIFE ASIDE FROM THE BABIES. Yes there is! And I'm also here to encourage you that it doesn't hurt to redecorate your home. Surprise the spouse (good surprises only please) by letting him come home to an organized and beautiful home.  And when I say organized and beautiful, I don't mean expensive.  You can always give new life to old stuff--that's exactly what I like about DIY.  Plus, it won't hurt the husband's pockets too! :)

I am also not an expert at this. I didn't have a degree in Interior Design or Architecture, heck, or even Art.  I just love to look at nice things and somehow bring them to our home.  I also love functional stuff.  So when I find some stuff expensive in stores, I make them.  I'm not a success 100% of the time though.  Most of the projects I've done are disappointments too!  So don't be afraid to try!

Let's get started!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews